Top 10 Hairstyles of the 80's
The 80s, a decade of shoulder pads, leg warmers, new wave pop music, and "outrageous"hairstyles! When we think of the 80s, so many well-remembered and beloved movies come to mind-and the celebrities who rocked the scene with the craziest, sexiest, and wildest hairstyles. These are the celebrities who made the top ten list for the most outrageous 80s hairstyles:
10. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988): Jessica Rabbit, wife to the infamous Roger, may have been only a cartoon character-but she went down in celebrity hairstyle history for her long, sleek, sexy red hair that waved in front of her fact to give her an air of mystery. This look has been mimicked again and again (think Angelina Jolie, and Ariel from The Little Mermaid) but no one pulled it off quite like Jessica.
9. The Breakfast Club (1985): Probably the most popular movie of the 80s molded every teenager's wardrobe and fashion sense for the second half of the decade. The most memorable hairstyle belonged to John Bender (played by Judd Nelson,) a troubled teen smoker, rebel, and loner with a nasty attitude. His shoulder-length dark, wavy, hair personified his bad-boy nature and melted every teen girl's heart.
8. Flashdance (1983): Jennifer Beals plays Alex-a blue collar tomboy who moonlights as an exotic night club dancer. Her wild mane of untamed curls seems to fit both professions rather nicely. The tight corkscrew curly hair became one of the most popular 80s celebrity hairstyles and made its appearance in later movies such as Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, and Mystic Pizza.
7. Moonstruck (1987): Cher plays an Italian-American widow torn between her agreement to marry her best friend and her spur of the moment romance with his estranged younger brother. Her long, heavy, river of shiny black curly hair give her an irresistible, romantic allure. So many women tried to pull it off-but Cher's gorgeous locks are so unique to Cher that you'd have to buy a wig to even come close.
6. Beetlejuice (1988): Winona Ryder plays Lydia Deetz, a disturbed young Goth girl with pale skin and raven black hair. Throughout the movie, she styles it every which way-from smooth, shiny and sleek, to teasing it up in a massive beehive. Her bangs are always spiked and plastered to her forehead. Probably one of the most flattering celebrity hairstyles Winona's ever sported.
5. Back to the Future (1985): No one can forget Doc (played by Christopher Lloyd,) the crazy scientist who built the time machine. Why is he so memorable? It's not his white lab coat, or his wide bulging eyes... It's his wild mad-scientist hair, white and kept long (except for the bald spot on top) and constantly left loose, giving him the appearance of having been electrocuted. Nowadays, no crazy scientist would be complete without Doc's trademark hairstyle.
4. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980): Only Princess Leia (played by Carrie Fisher) could weave two braided buns on the sides of her head and actually make it look hot. Her signature hairstyle made its debut in Star Wars (1977) and in every movie thereafter Leia became barely recognizable without it.
3. The Terminator (1984): Sarah Connor (played by Linda Hamilton) made popular the layered, feathered mullet
hairstyle that became one of the most popular (if short-lived) hairstyles of the 80s. Fortunately, she grew it all out for the sequel.
2. Desperately Seeking Susan (1985): What would the 80s be without Madonna? Nothing, that's what.Madonna plays free-spirited Susan with her bleached blonde hair, bouncing curls, feathered bangs, and huge, colorful ribbons, bows, and clips. No accessory was too wild, and no hairstyle too risky.
1. Labyrinth (1986): Finally, the most memorable of celebrity hairstyles of the 80s would have to be David Bowie's outrageous mane as Jereth the Goblin King. Who could forget his wild, tousled, layers, all spiked up with long tendrils of hair hanging down around his face? Both men and women have tried to pull it off but only David Bowie made this hair really work.
5/22/2015 06:19:01 am
10/4/2019 07:16:56 am
We are a reputable supplier of a wide range of digital sign boards all over in Chennai and our firm presence in this industry is a proof of the same. Get in touch with us & take your brand identity to the next level.
10/6/2020 07:37:36 am
Hurrah, that is the thing that I was searching for, what a material! present here at this site, thanks administrator of this site.
Leave a Reply.